FAQs FOR LAKE ERIE FISHING CHARTERS
- On-board cooler and ice for your catch
- Rods, reels and lures upon request (no charge). Please reserve at time of reservation. Rods are for you to use on a “you lose it, you bought it” policy.
- Advice on lure presentation and fishing techniques, even for the novice angler.
- The experience and commitment to make your fishing trip an exciting and memorable one.
- Box lunches and non-alcoholic beverages are available for additional fees. Please request at time of reservation.
What should I bring?
- Valid Ohio fishing license
- Motion sickness medication – recommended starting this the night before your trip and again that morning
- Please feel free to bring your favorite rod and reel with good 8-10lb. test line. Please no large tackle boxes.
- Soft sole shoes.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, jacket, rain gear
- Camera (don’t forget the batteries)
- Food and beverages, one cooler per party
- No glass bottles or hard liquor, beer is okay, please know your limit for safety sake.
- Cooler to take your catch home, please leave this in your car
Where can I get a license?
- You can purchase your license from various bait and tackle stores in the area.
You can purchase your license over the internet at:
www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife. Look for the “Wildlife Ohio Customer Center” and click on “Buy Your License”, then click on “License and Permit Sales” and follow the directions.
Where can I stay?
- Check out Lake Erie Shores and Islands for lodging and other points of interest. www.shoresandislands.com
Can I bring my own rods and tackle?
- Yes. If you decide to bring your own fishing gear, please limit yourself to one tackle box per group. Please no large tackle boxes. We have all the tackle and fishing gear you need. We also have rods for you to use, on a “you lose it, you bought it” policy.
Can I cancel if I feel the weather is too bad?
- Cancellation due to weather is solely at the Captain’s discretion. If this does occur, another date will be offered.
- Are totally acceptable and appreciated. First mates work for tips and are on board to provide you with customer service.
How long is the fishing day?
- A typical fishing day is 8 to 9 hours.
Are there any age restrictions?
- There are no age restrictions. Just keep in mind that the charter is on the water for a full day (8 to 9 hours) and that young children may lose interest.
What is the maximum amount of people that are permitted on your charter?
- Our charter license allows us to take a maximum of 6 persons on board, though some prefer to fish with less.
Did you catch a qualifying Fish Ohio award fish? Check out the link to register your fish for your award.
- http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/FishingSubhomePage/ programsactivitiesplaceholder/fishingfishohiodefault/tabid/6137/Default.aspx
To view the predicted weather forecast for Lake Erie visit:
Lake Erie Fishing Report
- http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/FishingSubhomePage/ FishingProspectsandReports/fishingfreportlakeerieweekly/tabid/6125/Default.aspx